Below you find a checklist of the items you will need to remember for Thursday’s Range Night as well as an outline of the activities for the night.
If you are still not sure how to get to the Gordy Buchanan Memorial Range, click on The Maps page at the top of this site to find a couple different maps with directions.
Here is a list of things to remember about tonight:
- Dress acoordingly.
- Wear a blaze orange hat if you have one, or something orange above the waist.
- Bring your Survival Kit if you have not already presented it.
- Bring eye and ear protection if you have them, or else I will provide.
- Bring a .22 long rifle caliber rifle with a functioning safety mechanism if you have one, or else I will provide.
- Do NOT bring any ammunition, I will provide.
- Bring a beverage and snack if you will need it.
- Always listen to and follow the directions of the Rangemaster
- Absolutely no horseplay, this is a live-fire event.
- Respect your fellow classmates.
- Perform all aspects of the Range Night activities by following the responsible, informed, safe, and knowledgeable practices of an ethical hunter.
A brief outline of the night:
- Share, discuss, and pictures of Survival Kits yet to be presented.
- Class picture.
- Live-Fire Activity directions and explanations.
- Field Test Activity directions and explanations.
- Treestand Activity directions and explanations.
- Start a rotation of the above activities.
- As long as everyone passes all of the activities, and I expect all of you will, each student will be issued their temporary Firearm Safety Certificate, do not leave without it.
- Trap range shooting.
- Rifle range shooting.
See you all tonight at 6:00PM at the range.